August 22, 2006

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Yesterday evening I was able to enjoy a great movie in a great location. It was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the nice open air cinema in the park Friedrichshain. The location is beautiful, between the old trees and under the sparkling starry sky it is not important if the movie is good or not.

Anyway, I had high expectations for the movie. Tim Burton (famous for his strange movies) films a book by Roald Dahl (one of my favorite authors of strange books). Plus Johnny Depp plays one of the main characters, which is nearly a guarantee of a special movie. And it was..

The story was so lovely, strange, funny and thought-provoking, a kind of a children book for adults. And Tim Burton made the movie a visual highlight, with a breathtaking colorful design and many strange but funny ideas. I'm not able to put it into words...
And talking of Johnny Depp, again he proved to be one of the best actors. He added so many funny moments to the movie only by showing expressions on his face, it alone would be a reason to watch the movie.

I'm thinking about naming my personal highlight of the movie, but there are too much. So I name the whole movie a highlight...