November 30, 2006

Day 46

For todays lunch we went to the restaurant, where most of my co-students have lunch every day. It's called Sushi Bay. Actually it's another japanese fastfood restaurant, but it's good and cheap compared to similar restaurants downtown. We asked for recommendations in advance, but since we couldn't remember the japanese words we simply ordered the "Daily Special" :-) It consisted of various fried things with rice, pretty tasty, and a couple of Sushi rolls. So for the first time in my life I had Sushi. Maybe it will not become my favorite kind of food...
The day was cold and very sunny, just as I like it. Here is how the city looked like during lunch break.
Today the Chronicle has an interesting article on the front page. They said that California is the state with the most students of the english language, they already have a shortage of teachers. 30 per cent of the american people who aren't speaking english live in California. Well, so I was not the only one who decided to go to California for learning english...