August 22, 2007

Frankfurt-on-the-Main

Another week - another hotel room, this time in Frankfurt. Finally I visited the birthplace city (this is not even mentioned at Wikipedia) of the guy who shares my birthday (at least the day and the month :-) Johann Wolfgang Goethe. Maybe he would have written a longer story here, but I guess he had much more spare time than me...

It was a nice and comfortable hotel next to the financial district, although the long business day permitted only a short stroll around the block. The streets looked somehow impressive, reminded me of the financial district of San Francisco.
The twin towers of the Deutsche Bank, truly a very impressive building. It looks very smooth and cold, too, like the financial business it represents.
Not much later I went back to the hotel to check my emails and have a good night beer, the usual lonely evening of a business trip...