March 31, 2009

Gaudi Part 1

A couple of poor pics of a rich building. Well, it's not just a building, it's probably the most famous construction site in the world since many many years.
Do I need to say something about La Sagrada Familia? Just the number of languages in which the Wikipedia article is available indicates its popularity.
In my limited words it's a church with sooooo many fine details, I mean really really many details, more than a human can invent in one life. Well, Gaudi invented it in one life, but to actually build it takes many lifespans.
However, the weather was ugly, my fingers were cold, so the pictures don't look impressive, sorry. Please believe me, it was great :-)
Speaking of details...As the audio guide told me, the faces of the figures are made after actual contemporaries of Gaudi...

Inside is still in heavy construction, but already visible are the columns and the roof in the shape of trees with large flowers on their tops.
The view over Barcelona could have been excellent...on a sunny day...
In the distance, behind the two towers of the Olympic Harbour, the Mediterranean Sea.
Usually a perspectice I don't really like... ;-)