November 18, 2010

New York - Day 12

Wednesday already, so now was the time to visit world's lagest collection of art: the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Pieces from this museum became Berlin's most visited exhibition a couple of years ago, and now I'm even here were they came from! :-)
Weather was stormy with glimpses of sunlight. Central Park is still a colorful place these days, although the storm took a lot of leaves away..
They even have a zoo in the park.
Then up the 5th Avenue along Central Park East, through Upper East Side. Passing the famous Frick Collection, certainly worth a visit, too.

Then there it was. I was lucky, it wasn't as crowded as I had expected.
First I headed for the European paintings, later I explored some more of the several breathtaking exhibition areas. Of course this museum isn't to be seen in just one day..
Following a series of some of the pieces I liked most..






Then I entered the American Wing, where, besides other art, they have an exhibition of American living room through the centuries.






I closed the day with some rooms of the Egyptian department.
I chose Madison Avenue as the way home, to see some more of the Upper East Side. I guess this is the most expensive fashion shopping district of NY. I admired a pair of shoes for only 5000$, for example :-)

Back on Times Square there was a road block by the NY Fire Department, don't know what was happening. Our apartment building was still there, though..
For dining we went to Dave & Buster's, where we had burgers and played some rather tiresome action games.