January 22, 2011

Buenos Aires - Day 20

Today, on my way home, I eventually visited the main catholic church of Argentina, the Catedral Metropolitana. From the outside it looks rather than a temple than a cathedral.
The inside, however, looks much more like the cathedrals I've seen so far..
Also the mausoleum of a national hero is inside the cathedral: General San Martin A guard of honor flanks the entrance.
Some other interesting things were there as well, but unfortunately I don't remember all of the labels.


Then, following the Calle Defensa to San Telmo....
...and had a coffee and ice cream at Vessa HeladerĂ­a at the corner of Defensa and Chile streets. It was an "ice dream" :-), even if it looks quite simple on the picture. San Telmo has several ice cream shops, I certainly will try some more of them.
Then, after running a couple of rounds in Puerto Madero, I just sat down and enjoyed the evening sun in front of my "panorama window", have only one week left :-(