February 03, 2013

Hollywood

Actually this famous Hollywood neighborhood is rather not really exciting. Anyway, now this point in my 1000-places-to-see-before you-die-list is checked off. Here the proof: the Hollywood sign, small in the back of the picture...
 Like on the Ramblas in Barcelona or the Times Square in NYC or even Checkpoint Charly in Berlin  here lots of folks in strange dresses hopes for a tip. Naturally here everyone is from a movie.. 

Walk of Fame stars for kilometers on the ground.. 
 ..and I like the palm trees here.

One day every year the who-is-who of the movie business walks in through this gate..
..and up these steps in order to get an Oscar or none.


This used to be the Oscar place in the past: Graumann's Chinese Theater.

Place I liked most here: the mall :-)

Eventually this masterpiece of the American cuisine was destroyed and eaten by me to celebrate my visit.