September 27, 2013

Hongkong - Day 7

Yeah, Friday finally! Went to Times Square, Hysan Place and Sogo today, three malls on one day. I am very disappointed: you can't buy any jeans or other pants longer than size 32. That's too short!!!!
And prices are higher than in Berlin. So much for shopping in HK. 
However, the shops are beautifully designed and the staff is very friendly. So besides an actual purchase it's rather fun to walk the malls. 
Also they have very good restaurants and even the fastfood is at a high quality, different from Europe or the U.S. 

Today I had lunch at the Hysan Place and picked a food court stall named Pepper Lunch. They sell the food on a sizzling hot pan. I went for a steak from Japanese meat. They put it raw on the pan and serve it that way to you. It's up to you to cook it. The steak quality was surprisingly good, I thought of Kobe beef :-)
It looked way better than in the picture but I was in a rush to take the picture in order not to overcook the steak...which I almost did :-) There is a rice bowl, too, which you put in the pan later.
Certainly some place to come back to.


Later I went for a run inVictoria Park, sorry no picture. Instead two pics taken from my bedroom window, first one shows the lightshow from the TST side...


..second one an office in the neighbour building, which is called Sino Plaza. Usually the glass front of that building is like a mirror, except when they turn on the lights, then I can see inside. I guess thats the same for my building and my apartment..