May 31, 2007

Frankfurt airport once more

Another day at the airport, so I took photos again. It's nothing important, just aircrafts. The new and giant Airbus 380 has been seen here in action already, unfortunately not this time.
There is just the landing, unloading, loading and taking off as usual. This time I discovered that there are a lot of driving too. Not only the luggage transporters and the follow-me cars but the airplanes themselves have to drive across the airport area from the landing strip to the gate. It looked random but I'm sure the flight and ground controllers have a sophisticated system behind everything.
The second floor of Terminal 2 in Frankfurt is a nice place to spend some time waiting for the departure. There are some restaurants and a huge panorama window overlooking the apron area.
I had a papercup latte which reminded me of San Francisco (well, the size is more European compared to the American papercups).