November 20, 2013

Hongkong - Day 54

It was Wednesday. In Hongkong that means horse race day at Happy Valley. So I took the ferry to Wan Chai (it always starts with "...I took the ferry..":-)
This time I sat in the upper deck front compartment, which is usually air-conditioned. Since the weather wasn't that nice the air-condition was off and the windows open..


First I went to pay a visit to the apartment building I spent the first 7 weeks in. I lived in the 19th floor of this building, overlooking the harbour.


After a stroll through 'my' old neighborhood Causeway Bay I met the others at the race course. It was a great evening again, we watched all of the races.



It wasn't as crowded as during the Oktoberfest event, but still very lively.


After a taxi ride home to the Kowloon side I had a late evening beer out of the complimentary mini-bar, watching the HK island waterfront lights and getting sad at the thought of leaving all this behind soon...