November 21, 2013

Hongkong - Day 55

Weather today was once more grey and cloudy. Anyway we went for more sightseeing. This time it was the famous Tian Tian Buddha on Lantau Island.
It was rather empty compared to other days, so we climbed up the many steps.


It is surrounded by six smaller statues, the Six Devas, here are two of them:



Across the monastery, which is a huge construction yard at the moment, we walked to the Wisdom Path. 


The wisdom path follows several wooden posts with inscriptions I wasn't able to decipher. It looked like wisdoms :-) However, the last and most elevated post contained no inscription, it was empty.
After some hard thinking about this fact I felt that I understand the message..and suddenly the sun came out for a couple of minutes, my personal 'enlightenment' :-) 


Back down we came across some animals... 

...like this beetle on a tea plant leaf.


Later, after the ferry ride back to TST I took some more night shots of the HK island waterfront with Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, the area where I lived and had such a good time. 


For dinner we went to a HK cuisine restaurant right next to the hotel. We had a meat platter... 


...Hainanese style chicken...


..with steamed salad and oyster sauce...


...and a lamb pot which was supposed to be cooked right on the table, which is strained my patience a bit since I was really hungry. It was good, though it contained several parts of the lamb which I wouldn't have ordered if I had the choice :-)